Jim Butler joined Holmes Weddle & Barcott as Of Counsel in 2021.
For over 24 years, Jim has supported corporate governance and strategic planning issues for a variety of clients. He has represented organizations that provide various oil spill response services to vessel and facility operators throughout Alaska. He is frequently engaged to support policy making and legislative initiatives.
In addition to his legal practice, Jim regularly provides a variety of consulting services to support, responsible parties, pollution response, and salvage contractors responding to marine casualties in Alaska and “Lower 48.”
· Bachelor of Business Administration/Business Economics & Public Policy: George Washington University School of Government and Business, Washington D. C.
· Juris Doctor: Seattle University Law School.
· State of Alaska
· State of Washington
· U.S. District Court of Alaska
· Lloyds Maritime Academy: Certificate in Marine Salvage Law
· U.S. Coast Guard: On-Scene Coordinator Crisis Management
· U.S. National Fire Academy: All Hazard Incident Management Team
National Wildland Fire Coordinating Group: Advanced Incident Management Team